Welcome to the Santa Ynez Valley Marriott
A place where business meets pleasure, where your senses are indulged and your spirit is renewed, a place where your most pressing decision is shiraz or chardonnay. A mix of countryside charm and modern amenities, the Santa Ynez Valley Marriott is designed for an unpretentious Santa Barbara wine country escape. Envelope your senses and renew your spirit in the serenity and beauty of the Santa Ynez Valley.
Relaxation in the Heart of the Santa Ynez Valley
Softly lit lanterns and our attentive staff welcome you to the Italianate country setting, just 2 hours from the hustle and bustle of Los Angeles. The well-appointed guest rooms are an oasis in the heart of the Santa Barbara wine country featuring modern touches like luxurious linens, flat screen televisions, wi-fi and iPod entertainment docking stations. When you're ready to reconnect, business amenities let you tune in and stay productive during your wine country escape.
Ease into your day with our award-winning breakfast buffet at the Starting Gate Restaurant. Do as little or as much as you would like - wander the grounds, relax by the pool, work on your forehand at the on-site tennis courts or take it all in from your private balcony. When the mood strikes, venture forth and explore everything the Santa Ynez Valley has to offer, from over 141 wineries to the scenic streets of Solvang, thoroughbred farms, world class beer tasting rooms, intriguing shops, gourmet restaurants, and endless events and activities. The contemporary, yet casual setting of the Starting Gate Lounge invites guests to settle in for a nightcap or enjoy the setting sun over the rolling hills of the Santa Ynez Valley.
For a truly memorable getaway in the Santa Barbara wine country that seamlessly blends casual comfort and sophistication, look no further than the Santa Ynez Valley Marriott.
Putting Roots Down - Fall Events in SYVPosted August 28, 2014 - As summer winds down and we return to more normal schedules of school and work, there's much to look forward to in Santa Ynez Valley. From festivals celebrating our roots of heritage to festivals celebrating the roots of our crops, let's celebrate fall! Read more on the SYV blog >
Spirits are rising: Visit SYV's New DistilleryPosted August 11, 2014 - First comes wine, then comes craft beer...then comes moonshine distilleries? It's true! The latest in local liquid fascinations, a distillery has put down roots in nearby Buellton. Read more on the SYV blog >
Cheese, please! A Guide to Artisan Cheese in Santa Ynez ValleyPosted July 31, 2014 - Beyond the rolling hills of California wine country, there's a lot of happiness spreading thanks to artisan cheese farms and shops popping up across California. A perfect match to the region's first love, wine, the specialty of craft of artisan cheese is entering a new era in Santa Ynez Valley. Read more on the SYV blog >
Rainy Days to-do list in Santa Ynez ValleyPosted July 18, 2014 - California is fortunate to have 300+ days of sunshine every year. However, there are occasional times when the sun can't come out to play because the rain just won't go away. It's to those days that we dedicate this blog post.Read more on the SYV blog >
Visit our blog to find the latest information on events and attractions in the Santa Ynez Valley.
Santa Ynez Valley Marriott Social Media
Tweets by @MarriottSYVM
The Santa Ynez Valley Marriott is proud to host the second annual "Miracles Happen" Charity Golf Tournament Friday, September 19, 2014 at the River Course at the Alisal. Click here to Download Registration!
September 2014 Santa Ynez Valley Events
- "Uncorked" - The Evolution of Wine in the Santa Ynez Valley - August 9 - October 26 at Santa Ynez Valley Historical Museum in Santa Ynez, CA. More details!
- "Indulge in Wine Month" Wine Flight - September 1 - 30, 2014 at Wandering Dog Wine Bar in Solvang, CA. More details!
- Celebrate SYV Wine Month with Free Corkage - September 1 - 30, 2014 at Sides Hardware and Shoes in Los Olivos, CA. More details!
- Enjoy the Diversity of Santa Barbara County Wines - September 1 - 30, 2014 at S.Y. Kitchen in Santa Ynez, CA. More details!
- Solvang Farmers Market - Every Wednesday in Downtown Solvang. More details!
- Jazz Under the Stars - Every Wednesday at The Vineyard House in Santa Ynez, CA. More details!
- Blind Tasting Thursdays - Every Thursday 4pm to 7pm at Wandering Dog Wine Bar in Solvang, CA. More details!
- Movie Night At Sevtap Tasting Room - Every Thursday at Sevtap Tasting Room in Solvang, CA. More details!
- History of Santa Barbara Wine Appellations - September 5, 2014 6pm to 7:30pm at Wandering Dog Wine Bar in Solvang, CA. More details!
- Wandering Dog Wine Bar "Friday Night Wines" Classes Back in Session! - September 5, 2014 6pm to 7:30pm at Wandering Dog Wine Bar in Solvang, CA. More details!
- "Wine and Wisdom" - Trivia Night at Sevtap - Every Friday night 7:30pm to 9pm at Sevtap Tasting Room in Solvang, CA. More details!
- Live Music at Sevtap Tasting Room - Every Saturday 6pm to 8pm at Sevtap Tasting Room in Solvang, CA. More details!
- Live Music at The Good Life - Blues Bob & The Loopy Blues Band - September 6, 2014 8:45pm to 10:45pm. More details!
- Vineyard Walk, Barrel Tasting and Luncheon at Sanford Winery - September 13, 2014 10am to 4pm at Sanford Winery & Vineyards in Lompoc, CA. More details!
- Sideways in Solvang: Merlot Taste Off! - September 13, 2014 3pm to 6pm in Solvang Festival Theater. More details!
- Artisan Wine Series at The Good Life - September 13, 2014 4pm to 6pm at The Good Life in Solvang, CA. More details!
- Live Music at The Good Life - Matt Clark - September 13, 2014 8pm to 10:45pm. More details!
- Old World Vs. New With The Goddess of Wine! - September 14, 2014 2pm to 4pm at The Good Life in Solvang, CA. More details!
- Sunday Jazz in the Garden with Alfredo Rodriguez - September 14, 2014 3pm to 5pm in Solvang Festival Theater. More details!
- Solvang 3rd Wednesday - Special day of Shopping - Held the Third Wednesday of every month. More details!
- "Rock Steady" Bien Nacido Winemakers' Dinner at Los Olivos Wine Merchant & Cafè - September 18, 2014 at 6pm in Los Olivos Wine Merchant & Cafe. More details!
- Solvang Danish Days - September 19 - 21 at Solvang Park & Solvang Village. More details!
- Liquamentum Release at FigtoberFest - September 27, 2014 at 6pm in Figueroa Mountain Brewing Company in Buellton, CA. More details!