Welcome to the Santa Ynez Valley Marriott
A place where business meets pleasure, where your senses are indulged and your spirit is renewed, a place where your most pressing decision is shiraz or chardonnay. A mix of countryside charm and modern amenities, the Santa Ynez Valley Marriott is designed for an unpretentious Santa Barbara wine country escape. Envelope your senses and renew your spirit in the serenity and beauty of the Santa Ynez Valley.
Relaxation in the Heart of the Santa Ynez Valley
Softly lit lanterns and our attentive staff welcome you to the Italianate country setting, just 2 hours from the hustle and bustle of Los Angeles. The well-appointed guest rooms are an oasis in the heart of the Santa Barbara wine country featuring modern touches like luxurious linens, flat screen televisions, wi-fi and iPod entertainment docking stations. When you're ready to reconnect, business amenities let you tune in and stay productive during your wine country escape.
Ease into your day with our award-winning breakfast buffet at the Starting Gate Restaurant. Do as little or as much as you would like - wander the grounds, relax by the pool, work on your forehand at the on-site tennis courts or take it all in from your private balcony. When the mood strikes, venture forth and explore everything the Santa Ynez Valley has to offer, from over 141 wineries to the scenic streets of Solvang, thoroughbred farms, world class beer tasting rooms, intriguing shops, gourmet restaurants, and endless events and activities. The contemporary, yet casual setting of the Starting Gate Lounge invites guests to settle in for a nightcap or enjoy the setting sun over the rolling hills of the Santa Ynez Valley.
For a truly memorable getaway in the Santa Barbara wine country that seamlessly blends casual comfort and sophistication, look no further than the Santa Ynez Valley Marriott.
10 Reasons to Plan a Wedding in the Santa Ynez ValleyPosted on February 28, 2014 - With winter on its last legs, wedding season is certainly on its way. As you look towards the day you say 'I do' (or help a loved one plan their special day), here are 10 reasons to plan a wedding in the Santa Ynez Valley: Read more on the SYV blog
Romantic Dates in the Santa Ynez ValleyPosted on February 6, 2014 - The Santa Ynez Valley has all the makings of a romantic date - lush, rolling hills beneath your feet, sweet sunshine above your head and wineries, small towns and nature-escapes all around. Now that the scenery has done half the work, here are eight ideas for romantic dates in Santa Ynez Valley. Read more on the SYV blog
History of the Santa Ynez ValleyPosted on January 31, 2014 - You don't have to be in the Santa Ynez Valley long before realizing that this is a special place. The nature is picturesque, the weather practically perfect and the pastimes, like bike riding, wine tasting and general life celebrating, are simply everyday events. Yet underneath those present day realities thrums a rich history of foreign culture and westward expansion that has shaped the valley into what is today.
Read more about Santa Ynez Valley History
Read more on Santa Ynez Valley blog
Read more on the Santa Ynez Valley blog
Uncork the Story in Santa Ynez ValleyPosted September 12, 2013 - If you are familiar with wine tasting protocol, the 5 S's are nothing new: See' Swirl' Sniff' Sip and Savor. Add one more 'S' and you have the month of September to uncork the story. Although wine lovers rarely need an excuse to raise their glass, read more to appreciate and toast the fruit of the vine. Read more on the Santa Ynez Valley blog
Supercharged in the Santa Ynez ValleyPosted August 2, 2013 - Chances are you have heard of and maybe even spotted one on the road...an electric automobile that has taken green driving to a new level, the Tesla. With styling that is said to rival the BMW and Jaguar, Tesla Motors has produced an all-electric vehicle that arguably may set the new standard for the next generation of cars. Tesla sightings are plastered all over social media platforms across the web. Read the Santa Ynez Valley blog to find out what the buzz is all about.
Visit our blog to find the latest information on events and attractions in the Santa Ynez Valley.
Take a culinary journey through Solvang where the wine meets the food. In its 22nd year, The Taste of Solvang has become a top destination event for wine and food lovers alike. Featuring something for everyone from Rustic Italian, to New American, Japanese, Award-Winning Breweries, World Class Wineries, and Farm-to-Table Chefs; the Taste of Solvang offers a menu of events that is sure to please!
2014 Wine Bloggers Conference To Be In Santa Barbara, California!
We are extremely excited to announce the 2014 Wine Bloggers Conference will be in Santa Barbara, California at the Santa Ynez Valley Marriott on July 11-13, 2014. The conference has not been back to California since its first two years, in 2008 and 2009.
March 2014 Santa Ynez Valley Events
- Solvang Village Farmer's Market Wednesday, March 12, 2014 02:30pm - 06:30pm
- Open-Mic Night -Wednesday, March 12, 2014 08:30pm - 11:30pm
- Wandering Dog Wine Bar presents Blind Tasting Thursday Thursday, March 13, 2014 04:00pm - 07:00pm. Details
- Karaoke in The Viking Room at Solvang Brewing Co. Thursday, March 13, 2014 09:30pm
- Live Music at Solvang Brewing Co. Friday, March 14, 2014 08:30pm - 11:30pm. Details
- Solvang Village Farmer's Market - Wednesday, March 19, 2014 02:30pm - 06:30pm
- Open-Mic Night - Wednesday, March 19, 2014 08:30pm - 11:30pm
- Wandering Dog Wine Bar presents Blind Tasting Thursday Thursday, March 20, 2014 04:00pm - 07:00pm. Details
- Karaoke in The Viking Room at Solvang Brewing Co. Thursday, March 20, 2014 09:30pm
- Live Music at Solvang Brewing Co. - Friday, March 21, 2014 08:30pm - 11:30pm. Details
- Solvang Village Farmer's Market - Wednesday, March 26, 2014 02:30pm - 06:30pm
- Open-Mic Night - Wednesday, March 26, 2014 08:30pm - 11:30pm
- Wandering Dog Wine Bar presents Blind Tasting Thursday Thursday, March 27, 2014 04:00pm - 07:00pm. Details
- Karaoke in The Viking Room at Solvang Brewing Co. - Thursday, March 27, 2014 09:30pm
- Live Music at Solvang Brewing Co. - Friday, March 28, 2014 08:30pm - 11:30pm. Details
- Lucas & Lewellen Wine Cruise to Panama - Sunday, March 30, 2014 - Monday, April 14, 2014 08:00am - 05:00pm. Details