Welcome to the Santa Ynez Valley Marriott
A place where business meets pleasure, where your senses are indulged and your spirit is renewed, a place where your most pressing decision is shiraz or chardonnay. A mix of countryside charm and modern amenities, the Santa Ynez Valley Marriott is designed for an unpretentious Santa Barbara wine country escape. Envelope your senses and renew your spirit in the serenity and beauty of the Santa Ynez Valley.
Relaxation in the Heart of the Santa Ynez Valley
Softly lit lanterns and our attentive staff welcome you to the Italianate country setting, just 2 hours from the hustle and bustle of Los Angeles. The well-appointed guest rooms are an oasis in the heart of the Santa Barbara wine country featuring modern touches like luxurious linens, flat screen televisions, wi-fi and iPod entertainment docking stations. When you're ready to reconnect, business amenities let you tune in and stay productive during your wine country escape.
Ease into your day with our award-winning breakfast buffet at the Starting Gate Restaurant. Do as little or as much as you would like - wander the grounds, relax by the pool, work on your forehand at the on-site tennis courts or take it all in from your private balcony. When the mood strikes, venture forth and explore everything the Santa Ynez Valley has to offer, from over 141 wineries to the scenic streets of Solvang, thoroughbred farms, world class beer tasting rooms, intriguing shops, gourmet restaurants, and endless events and activities. The contemporary, yet casual setting of the Starting Gate Lounge invites guests to settle in for a nightcap or enjoy the setting sun over the rolling hills of the Santa Ynez Valley.
For a truly memorable getaway in the Santa Barbara wine country that seamlessly blends casual comfort and sophistication, look no further than the Santa Ynez Valley Marriott.
Celebration of Harvest Weekend 2015Posted September 22, 2015 - On October 9-12th, the Santa Barbara wineries will host the 25th Annual Celebration of Harvest Weekend at the Santa Ynez Mission!
This popular Columbus Day Weekend festival celebrates the year's grape harvest bounty across Santa Barbara Country. Throughout the weekend, select wineries host their own events, ranging from winemaker dinners and library tastings, to new wine releases and barrel tastings. A particularly anticipated part of the celebration is when vintners come together to share harvest tales and pour wine at the Festival Grand Tasting on Saturday, October 10, 2015 at Old Mission Santa Ines in Solvang. Read more on the SYV blog
Labor Day in Santa Ynez ValleyPosted August 20, 2015 - Labor Day is fast approaching, and where better to spend it than Santa Ynez Valley, one of California's best hidden gems? Dubbed as the "New Napa," SYV is filled to the brim with outdoor adventures and wine expeditions. Let's take a look at just some of the many ways you can spend your Labor Day in Santa Ynez Valley! Read more on the SYV blog
Goodbye Summer, Hello Fall!Posted July 29, 2015 - As July comes to a close, August quickly becomes the center of attention and fall isn't far behind. Sure, the weather will start cooling down soon, but Santa Ynez Valley is just getting warmed up. Here are five events to get excited about to make sure you end your summer on a high-note. Read more on the SYV blog
Bike the Valley, Drink the WinePosted July 23, 2015 - The Santa Ynez Valley is known for lots of things: the scenic landscape, friendly people, undeniable small town charm and, of course, world-class wine. But within the last few years, a new trend has taken over. Biking the Santa Ynez Valley. From family friendly rides to pro-style cycling, there's no better way to explore Wine Country! Here are a couple of routes to take in and around Santa Ynez: Read more on the SYV blog
A Buellton Weekend GetawayPosted June 26, 2015 - Located just minutes north of Santa Barbara, Buellton California is one of the five beautiful cities that make up the Santa Ynez Valley. The Buellton Visitors Bureau is giving you the chance to sip your way through the city in a Southern California Getaway! Enjoy the many flavors of the Santa Ynez Valley through our award winning wineries and impressive farm to table restaurants. Here's what one lucky winner will receive... Read more on the SYV blog
2015 Miracles Happen Charity Golf TournamentPosted June 15, 2015 - How does this sound: a round of golf with a few of your closest friends set below sunny skies amidst the picturesque mountain backdrop that is the Santa Ynez Mountains and Valley. Like a perfect day in golfer's paradise, right? Now imagine doing all of this WHILE giving back to the community and you'd be talking about the 2015 Miracles Happen Charity Golf Tournament. Read more on the SYV blog
Visit our blog to find the latest information on events and attractions in the Santa Ynez Valley.
Book your Company Holiday Party Now
September 2015 Santa Ynez Valley Events
- Live Music at Sevtap Tasting Room - Every Saturday in the Sevtap Tasting Room at 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm. More details!
- Solvang Farmers Market - Every Wednesday in Downtown Solvang at 2:30 pm - 6:30 pm. More details!
- Open That Bottle Night at S.Y. Kitchen! - S.Y. Kitchen Santa Ynez September 3rd at 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm. More details!
- Firestone Vineyard Summer Concert Series - 5017 Zaca Station Road, Los Olivos, CA Friday, September 04 2015 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM. More details!
- Solvang Farmers Market - Every Wednesday in Downtown Solvang 2:30 pm - 6:30 pm. More details!
- Blind Tasting Thursdays - Every Thursday at Wandering Dog Wine Bar in Solvang at 4:00 pm. More details!
- Movie Night At Sevtap Tasting Room - Every Thursday in the Sevtap Tasting Room at 6:00 pm. More details!
- "Wine and Wisdom"- Trivia Night at Sevtap - Every Friday in Sevtap Tasting Room at 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm. More details!
- Solvang Third Wednesday Wine & Beer Walk - All around the Village of Solvang at 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm More details!
- BROWN BAG QUILTING RETREAT - Friday, September 11 2015 - Sunday, September 13 2015. More details!
- Los Olivos Art in the Park - Lavinia Campbell Park & the Grange September 12 at 11:00 am - September 12 at 5:00 pm. More details!
- Mads Tolling "Mads Men" Concert - Solvang Festival Theater September 19 at 7:30 pm - September 19 at 11:00 pm. More details!
- Vintage Trailer Bash at Flying Flags RV Park - Friday, September 25 2015 - Saturday, September 26 2015. More details!
- Recycling: What's Next - Solvang Vet's Hall September 26 at 1:00 pm - September 26 at 4:00 pm. More details!